"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything,
but I can do something; I will not refuse to do something I can do."

~ Helen Keller

Friday, June 11, 2010

An Exceptionally Special Day

Wow, time is flying! I haven't blogged in a long time, but lots has been happening. We have been doing fund raisers, getting our home study completed, and doing all the things necessary to finish our pile of necessary paperwork.

But today proved to be an exceptionally special day. For 3 1/2 months, we have had our heart set on one special 12 year old boy, but we were told over and over that no one was certain if he was adoptable. But Sasha (over in Ukraine) worked his magic, earned the trust of the director of the orphanage, and found out that the boy we love is available for adoption! David Avilla called as soon as he got the word. I have been emotional all day, just praising God for making this happen! It's the same feelings I had when my pregnancy tests with my other children came back positive...it's the feeling that God is, indeed, adding a child to our family...it's a feeling full of joy and anticipation, of thankfulness and love.

It won't be long...just 2 or 3 more months...and my sweet son will be coming home. Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment