"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything,
but I can do something; I will not refuse to do something I can do."

~ Helen Keller

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Painting and Playing

Okay, my sadness from yesterday is gone, and today has been a great day! This morning while walking through the open-air market, we found a booth that had a good number of craft items, so we bought some watercolor sets, brushes, and little containers for water. Then we went to the electronics store and bought a ream of printer paper. It was fun showing all of that to Vova, because the little guy really enjoys doing artistic things with us. Jeff and I created our own pictures right along with Vova. At one point I asked Jeff if he had ever painted with the kids before, and he said, "nope!"...he won't admit it, but I think even Jeff had fun playing with the watercolors.

I asked Vova how his ear was feeling, and he tried to make me think that it was okay. But occasionally he would stop, wince, and put his hand on his ear, so I know that it still hurts. But it must not hurt too terribly bad because he was still very active and playful.

Today was a very sweet day with just the three of us hanging out. We played games, threw the frisbee, and had a tickle fight. And then, before I knew it, Jeff said it was time to go. But when he told me we had to go, Vova and I were sitting on the couch, and he was snuggled up right next to me, listening to some music on Jeff's phone. I didn't want that moment to end, so I seriously thought about refusing to leave. But I figured that wouldn't be setting a very good example, so we began packing up all of our stuff. As we started to walk out this time, a good number of Vova's friends came out of their rooms and hugged me goodbye. Then, out by the car, we had to tell Vova goodbye. As we drove away, I kept thinking about how in just a few short days we are going to have to say goodbye for real...not for good, but for a few...long...weeks. But THEN, all of this will come to fruition, and the entire family will be together, forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment